Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lake Time! #2

This is one of my favorite vacation spots EVER!! It's about 2.5 hours from NKY..a beautiful spot called Lake Cumberland.  My family owns a cabin down there and I try to go at least once a year..it used to be more, but since I'm an adult I have more responsibilities and less play time :(.  I've gone down to Cumberland since I was probably 5, and each time I bring back memories to treasure.  You can go anytime of the year and its always amazing. This picture is taken about 3 miles from where our cabin is, and as you can see there is a ramp so people can drive down and look a this beautiful scenery.  At night it's even more exciting because people bring their 4-wheelers, "drinks", start a bonfire, and everyone just has a good time.  In the summer, boating is huge, obviously.  I like to go tubing and swim in the lake, its so relaxing.  You also can get a nice tan!  Even though this place is still only 2.5 hours from my hometown, it's still a get-a-way.
People don't seem to appreciate the beauty of nature, and I admit, I don't always either.  Simply walking around the lake, or in the forest, really gives you a sense of reality and how God is really a magical guy.  The land is so picturesque, and takes your breath away when you realize how awesome it is.  I'm not sure exactly my place in nature, or what the role of each piece of nature means, but I know that it is here for a reason, and that there is purpose in everything that happens.    

No comments:

Post a Comment