Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Flagstaff


Just yesterday I returned from a research trip to Flagstaff, Arizona where we were given the opportunity to use on of the best telescopes in America. While my days were occupied being amazed by the beauty of the landscape, my nights were spent camped out in a a tiny computer lab, typing in star coordinates and taking images until most people were asleep.
For me, that computer lab is a representation of the first steps toward my educational goals. It has been my goal to go to graduate school since high school. However, grad school for physics is very competitive and one huge aspect of the application is research experience. Until this year, I had none. The computer lab and my late nights are the first concrete steps towards acceptance into a graduate program. They will be remembered with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment