Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Semi-Short Autobiography

Hello.  I wasn't sure whether I should a pseudonym or not since this is my first blog post.  My name is Joel Cerimele.  I was born in 1991 as one of triplets - presently living in Ohio.  Together, I have seven people and a black lab named Max in my family.  I was homeschooled since the end of third grade until my freshman year at Covington Catholic High School.  Presently a sophomore, I am History and Secondary Education double major with a minor in Theology at Thomas More College.  I hope to eventually obtain a Ph.D. in History - maybe with a specialization in Medieval History - and teach at the college level.  When I was a kid, I had dreamed of becoming a paleontologist.  I had a huge rock pile in my backyard loaded with marine fossils.  I wanted to be like Dr. Alan Grant - though I was positively terrified of Jurassic Park (especially, the scene with the velociraptors in the kitchen) when I first saw it.  Michael Crichton's a great author though.  When I was introduced to the subject of history, I wanted to become an archaeologist.  Later, however, I interviewed an archaeologist at the Cincinnati Museum Center and decided the job was not for me since the occupation had fairly unstable employment - much like being a realtor.  Both of my parents were teachers.  Having fairly good experience with teachers throughout life, I decided to teach history.  I've come to believe social studies education is where I belong, where my passion is.

I also have been surrounded by a family of musicians.  I play the trumpet, baritone horn (only in treble clef because I cannot get adjusted to bass clef, unfortunately), French horn, and a smidge of trombone.  I currently play at my parish, the Thomas More Pep Band, and the Thomas More Ensemble.  I particularly love playing classical jazz and swing music.  Great music.  I've done a little bit of singing as a baritone (of which I would like to do more) and would love to be involved in theatre acting.  Unfortunately, I haven't had time.  I also really enjoy reading science fiction and studying family genealogies and history - especially, the history of philosophy, theology, and ideas in the Middle Ages.  I've tried writing fiction myself but could never quite finish.  It's all sitting on my laptop computer.  I also enjoy playing cards (If anyone enjoys Pinochle, I'll gladly join you for a game.), ping-pong, and strategy board games (chess - though my skill is debatable, Axis and Allies, RISK).

I want to wish everyone a great coming semester.



No comments:

Post a Comment